Thursday, May 11, 2023

Bursting Border Needs Addressed; NOW.

Do you ever wonder why it is so difficult to correct the illegal entry at our border. Well for starters I suggest that it's simply because the Democrats consider every crosser to be a potential vote. How can that be you say? Just think about it for a second. Democrats block any attempt to require citizenship ID as a voting requirement. Then they hold out the "carrot" of benefits in hopes of garnering their votes. In the end, we the taxpayer are the ones paying the bill for their transporting to cities, housing, food, medical and whatever else may pop up. Then the Democrats blame this all on the Republicans for failing to come up with an adequate piece of legislation that fixes the problem.

I worked out a plan 8 years ago and sent it to my then Senator, who at the time was John McCain. I did receive a thank you as best I recall but nothing more. Then I published the plan  on my Blog and although there appeared to be support nothing came of it. So, today, I am proposing a similar plan and hopefully it might get some support.

This plan is based on withholding financial support we give to countries where the illegal immigrants originate as well as the countries they pass through to get here. The website https://www.foreignassistance.gov/ show that for the year 2022 the financial support from the USA to the Central and South American countries as well as various Caribbean countries that aid or allow citizens to illegally cross our southern border with Mexico to be approximately $2.1 billion dollars. The estimated annual cost for supporting these Illegal Immigrants; "Now Costs American Taxpayers At Least $151 Billion a Year". https://www.fairus.org/press-releases/border-security/illegal-immigration-now-costs-american-taxpayers-least-151-billion. 

So what I propose that Congress does, is institute a plan whereby each and every individual who illegally crosses our borders shall be returned to their original homeland and fines shall be assessed as follows.

    1.    Their homeland shall be assessed an initial fine equal to the costs associated with                     their apprehension, handling and return to the homeland. In addition there shall be a                 base fine.

    2.    Each and every country that the illegal passes through on their way to the border shall             also be fined for allowing their passage.

    3.    Mexico shall be fined for allowing the illegal to pass through their country and cross the              border. 

    4.    Any and all financial aid provided by the USA to the above be totally suspended until                 some margin of compliance is attained.

 

 

   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment